This recipe is such a great option if you’re looking for something that is easy, and also full of colour.
30 minutes preparation and assembly time
2 x 120g salmon fillet, skin on
Seeds from ½ pomegranate
1 carrot, grated
1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
1 cup baby spinach
½ cup red cabbage, shredded
10 black kalamatta olives, pits removed
40g Danish feta
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
½ lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat fry pan, drizzle with olive oil. Once oil is hot, place fish in pan, skin side down. Salmon will be ready to flip with spatula will slide easily underneath it.
- Once ready to flip, flip and start cooking with skin side up.
- Cook for approximately 3-5 more minutes (depending how rare you like it), then remove from heat and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, remove seeds from pomegranate either with a wooden spoon or immerse in water.
- Combine all salad ingredients except feta in a salad bowl, drizzle with olive oil, then divide among plates. Crumble feta on top, then add fish.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Note: If you prefer your salmon cooked the whole way through, it will need to be cooked for longer.
Serving suggestion: Swap salmon for other fish, or a grilled pork fillet.
Per serve provides:
Energy: 2089kJ, Protein 33.8g, Fat: 30g, Fibre: 11.5g
- Wheat free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free (leave out feta)