You can modify this recipe using a mix of any different vegetables you like, to make it suit your own personal tastes. Also, adding different spices to mix it up. Turmeric works beautifully, and incorporating more Asian style flavours with coriander, chilli and ginger gives a delicious twist!
10 minute preparation time, 20 minutes cooking time
Extra virgin or cold pressed olive oil spray
1 carrot, halved length ways and chopped into bite size pieces
1 zucchini, halved length ways and chopped into bite size pieces
4 Brussels sprouts, halved
1 cup sweet potato or pumpkin, chopped into bite size pieces
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 generous sprinkle of paprika
2 tbspn extra virgin olive oil
2 tbspn pumpkin seeds
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 150o
- Line oven tray with foil, and spray lightly with olive oil.
- Arrange chopped vegetables on tray.
- Sprinkle vegetables with garlic, herbs and cracked pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetable and herb mix.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, toast pumpkin seeds in dry pan for 2-3 minutes
- Serve vegetables with pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top
Per serve provides:
Energy: 1506kJ, Protein: 8.6g, Fat: 24.8g, Fibre: 10g
- Wheat free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- FODMAP friendly (remove garlic, use garlic infused oil)