It’s rare to hear that everything that was made for Christmas dinner was used up. But understandably, most don’t want to eat the left overs as exactly the same meal again for the next few days. Here is an idea to help you creatively use Christmas leftovers!
Christmas Cake Protein Balls
Christmas pudding. The grand finale. But there’s nearly always some left over. Here’s a way to use up both the pudding, and some of the other goodies that may have made their way into your house over the Christmas period.
700g Christmas Pudding
1/4 Cup Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 cup rum
2 tbspn macadamia oil
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup melted christmas chocolate (I had white)
Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Break up pudding and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add protein powder, rum and macadamia oil and stir until combined.
- Add oats (for some extra fibre) and mix until well combined.
- Take a golf ball sized piece of the mix and roll into a ball. Repeat until mixture is used up.
- Sprinkle the balls lightly with cinnamon, then drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
I whipped these up in about 15 minutes (though they then need some fridge time).
Enjoy! To hear me talk more about this great topic, tune in to Talking Lifestyle today at 1.20pm!
Wishing each and everyone of you a fabulous end to the year, and hope that everything you are working for comes to you in 2018!